The PM-1 Volume Pedal has been and remains the foundation of Thru-Tone. Utilizing the most popular of all volume pedals at its core and more than just a simple volume mod, the PM-1 is a complete overhaul of the Ernie Ball VP offering the ultimate in through tone performance, swell taper response, and tour grade durability.
- Organic and true response buffering
- Custom designed potentiometer for unrivaled swell and longevity
- Input Z control to suit your guitar's pickups and adjust high-end sensitivity
- Independent op-amp input and output buffers
- Fully isolated and buffered Tuner Out
- 9v operation with reverse polarity protection
- Cree high output blue LEDs with internal defeat switch
- True bypass switch for stock pedal use if power is unavailable
The Ernie Ball VP is the most simple, yet solid built and physically responsive volume pedal ever created. Though, it’s shortcomings arrive with the fact that it is completely passive. The design places a 250k volume pot at your foot, which is just like wiring another paralleled pot in your guitar, and naturally causes some high end loss. This is small compared to the damage you cause your signal if you use the Tuner Out jack (You know the term... tone suck). The Tuner Out is wired in parallel off the Input and because of this design being passive you are splitting your impedance load in half. What that means, audibly, is a major hit in clarity, fullness, and power in your original signal along with the possibility of unwanted noise entering your signal chain due to the tuner's input not being isolated from your audio path.